Continue your pottery journey with stoneware clay. Want to start your pottery studio and want a starter kit? This kit will get you started and get your creative juices flowing.
This is also the perfect kit of you have already taken one of my online classes and want to continue exploring the medium of clay and would like to make yourself a functional piece, like a cup or a plate.
The clay contained in this kit is stoneware clay that fires up to 1250C. This clay will need to be fired in a kiln and glazed in order to be water and food safe. This kit does NOT contain any glaze.
The kit contains:
- 2 kg of speckled stoneware clay (once fired past 1200C, the clay will have speckles - not visible until fired).
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 metal cutter
- 1 metal rib
- 1 metal tool
- 2 wooden tools
- 1 wooden rib (useful if you have a wheel)
- 1 sponge
- Tips and tricks to get you started at home
- A list of kilns in Germany. NOTE: I do NOT offer any firing services at the moment
If you are in Berlin, the kit can be picked up. Please note the specific pick up days and times at checkout.
Technical information about the clay:
- Firing range: 1000-1260C
- Matures at: 1220C
- Recommended firing temperature: 1220C or 1230C