Online pottery class: Live Online Hand-building workshop (15th May workshop)Get creative with clay and learn how to form objects without a wheel
Cost:€49,00 – €89,00 per person
About this experience
Have you ever wanted to learn pottery and have no wheel?
During this pottery class we will talk about the basics of clay and I will demonstrate 3 basic hand-building techniques. You will have some time to start a project and I will be there to answer questions. We will be working with air-dry clay so that you do not need a kiln, but the techniques are easily applied to any type of clay you may be working with.
The workshop takes place online and lasts around 2,5 hours. You will receive a link to Zoom before the class starts.
After the class will receive a PDF with a summary of my tips and instructions.
The class is in English but I can answer questions in Italian, German and French if needed. You can book the class with or without materials.
Is this a gift? If yes, let me know when you order and I will print a nice voucher gift card. You can also personalise your message on the card.
If you book the class with materials, I will send you the big kit around a week before the class. See below for what is in the kit. The course covers:
- Basics of handling clay
- Pinch pot
- Slab building
- Carving clay/giving clay an interesting texture
- Discussion of decorating clay with acrylic colors (this class does NOT cover glazes). Because decorating can only happen once the piece is dry, I will give you ideas but you will not be able to decorate your piece right away.
Who is this course for? Anyone interested in learning how to build objects with clay. No knowledge or experience required. Other than the materials that I will send you, before the class please have the following items at hand:
- a bowl of water
- a surface you can work on, ideally covered by a piece of cloth
- a rolling pin or something to roll with - if you use a rolling pin, do not use it with food after using it with clay.
If you select to take this class with materials, you will receive a clay kit. The kit contains:
- 1kg of air-dry clay (pick whether you want the white or terracotta clay). Air-dry clay does not need a kiln. Even after the sealant is applied, pieces made with air-dry clay are NOT water or food safe. They should be use for decorative purposes only
- 1 metal rib
- 1 tool to cut
- 1 tool to carve clay
- 1 sponge
- 2 wooden tools
- 1 brush to paint
- 1 small bottle of sealant (around 50ml)
- 2 small bottles with 2 acrylic paints that you can use to paint on dry clay: White (around 50ml), Gold (around 50ml)
- A template to make a slab cup
- German printed version of the cup instructions (the original tutorial is here www.meshandcloth.com/slabcup)
- 1 print out of our A5 clay sketch paper
Cancellation policy I completely understand that sometimes stuff comes up and you cannot make it. If you cancel at least 14 days before the class, you can get a full refund. Unfortunately, I cannot offer a refund if you cancel less than 14 days before the clas
Elisabetta is an artist based in Berlin