Continue your pottery journey with stoneware clay. Want to start your pottery studio and want a starter kit? This kit will get you started and get your creative juices flowing.
This is also the perfect kit of you have already taken one of my online classes and want to continue exploring the medium of clay and would like to make yourself a functional piece, like a cup or a plate.
The clay contained in this kit is stoneware clay that fires up to 1250C. This clay will need to be fired in a kiln and glazed in order to be water and food safe. This kit does NOT contain any glaze.
The kit contains (The tools provided in the box may vary from the photos, depending on our suppliers. The clay may also come packaged a little differently depending on my supplies!)::
- 2 kg of speckled stoneware clay (once fired past 1200C, the clay will have speckles - not visible until fired).
- 1 rolling pin (may be without handles depending on our suppliers)
- 1 metal cutter
- 1 metal rib
- 1 metal tool
- 2 wooden tools
- 1 wooden rib (useful if you have a wheel)
- 1 sponge
- 1 hour online conversation with me (in English) in which I take you through the steps you need to take to start pottery at home, and answer your questions. This is NOT a pottery class, so I will not cover techniques for hand-building.
- Tips and tricks to get you started at home
- A list of kilns in Germany. If you are in Berlin, from November 15th 2021 on, you can have the clay fired at my studio in Berlin Kreuzberg (Kleistone Studio). Firing costs are not included in the kit. Make sure to download the firing form before dropping off your pieces.
Technical information about the clay:
- Firing range: 1000-1260C
- Matures at: 1220C
- Recommended firing temperature: 1220C or 1230C